Many of our patients wonder whether it’s important to replace missing teeth. Our dentists Shire recommend that most people replace their missing teeth to ensure there is no further damage to their smile. A gap in your smile can encourage a range of problems to arise. If you don’t replace missing teeth, you may experience:
- Bone deterioration and bone loss
- Drooping muscles
- Changes to your bite
- Tooth misalignment as other teeth move to fill the gap
- Gum decay
- Painful shifting teeth
Thankfully, modern dental technology means replacement teeth and restorative dentistry are simpler and more affordable than ever before. You can avoid further damage to your oral health and restore your smile by visiting your local Caringbah dentist. Some of the treatment options available to people with missing teeth include:
- Dental implants: An affordable, screw-like block of titanium that is surgically implanted into the jawbone where your tooth has become missing. An implant can then hold dentures and bridges. Implants can sustain oral health and prevent further alteration to your smile.
- Dental crowns: A synthetic cap that is placed over your existing tooth to restore both functionality and appearance. It is suited best to severely damaged or decaying teeth. Most dentists, including our Caringbah dentist, use porcelain dental crowns.
- Dental bridges: A tooth replacement that is attached on either side to your remaining, healthy teeth. Our dental bridges are stain resistant and long lasting, offering you up to 15 years with a stunning smile. Dental bridges may replace one or more missing teeth.
Implants, crowns and bridges have several benefits. Firstly, they are guaranteed to restore your natural-looking smile and offer pleasing aesthetic results. Our dentists are highly trained in dental restorations, so they can craft tooth replacements that perfectly match the rest of your smile. It’s a great way to instantly get your confidence back. Secondly, implants, crowns and bridges can help to restore functionality in your mouth. If you have been struggling to eat or drink since losing your tooth, a dental restoration may help you chew comfortably again. Lastly, they can all be provided in a relatively pain-free and minimally invasive procedure at your trusted dentist near me.
Every patient is different, so it’s important that you see your bulk billing dentist Caringbah to find a solution that meets your particular needs. Not every patient will be a suitable candidate for dental implants, crowns and bridges, so you will need to speak to your Caringbah dentist first to see if these are appropriate treatments considering your circumstances.
If you have just lost your tooth due to an injury, you should book an emergency appointment with our dentist in Caringbah. David Reid, or one of our other dental professionals can assess your mouth to ensure no serious damage has occurred. They will also be able to recommend the best steps moving forward for restoring your smile.